Sunday, February 11, 2007

Did I mention...

that I love riding my BMW? 100 hp makes the long highway trips somewhat enjoyable. I rode 700 km 2 days ago from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and spent 2 nights there and left this morning for south Thai. The weather is great - a little cloudy so it wasn't too hot. Tomorrow I go to Samui and the next night I stay in Hat Yai. I will use Hat Yai as my launching point to visit the 3 southernmost provinces in Thailand. There has been a Muslim separatist movement there for a while and they have been blowing things up randomly for some time. I want to make a quick run down the highway so I can say I went there on my motorcycle. By the end of the week I will ba able to say that I've been to all 76 provinces in Thailand. Why am I doing it? Because it's there. Some people want to say they have riddent around the world by motorcycle. I don't know of anyone who has made the claim that they have ridden in all 76 provinces of Thailand.

No comments: