Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Night Manuevers

Mom called last night and we spent some time talking about Dad's medical problems and their frustration with the medical system because they couldn't get answers about his problems. Parkinsons, PSP? No conclusive diagnosis yet.

Anyway, just as I was finishing up the call, I started hearing gunshots outside my balcony. I live next to Wing 41 of the Royal Thai Air Force. I can spit off my balcony and it will land on the air force base.

I walked out on the balcony thinking that it was only fireworks but when I looked down I saw muzzle flashes. DANG, I thought, I'm standing up here on the 5th floor and there's terrorists trying to invade the base or worse yet, Thaksin's cronies are trying to smuggle him back into the country.

I ducked down and went inside. BOOM, a large flash bomb goes off. I turn my lights off and crawl back out to the balcony with my camera. I tried ISO1600 with the Nikon and then realized that what I needed was the Sony handycam in night vision mode.

I think they were doing training that night, at least I hope they were.

Amazing Thailand...

No comments: