Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Signs of 50

Some thoughts about turning 50 this week...

Sarcasm, just one more service I offer.

Pushing 50 is exercise enough.

I have one nerve left… and you’re getting on it!

Thank you for not being perky.

I’m much too young to be this old.

I’m smiling, that alone should scare you.

I’m not deaf, I’m ignoring you.

Embarrassing my children, just one more service I offer.

Youth passes, but with luck immaturity can last a lifetime.

50 is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.

“Not a morning person” doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Where I live the squeaky wheel gets replaced.

I’ve forgotten more than you probably ever learned.

There’s no way to excuse the way I’m about to behave.

You can hold your stomach in for just so many years.

Do I look like a people person?

They’re making adults much younger these days.

I’m not anti-social… I’m just not very friendly.

Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

What if the “Hokey Pokey” really IS what it’s all about?

How about NEVER? Is never good for you?

I’m not tense, I’m just terribly alert.

I wasn’t flirting, I was just being friendly.

After 50 your body has a mind of its own.

All stressed out and no one to choke.

Drink coffee. Do stupid things faster and with more energy.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Life is short, break some rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Barry! Wow, can't believer you're 50. Looks like you're still having lots of fun, and that's really all that matters.

I'm getting inspiration from your blog - not to run off to Asia and ride dirt bikes, oh now - but rather, to take some risks this year that mean more personal happiness. I'll check back in a couple of months and tell you how it's going! -Dana