Friday, August 3, 2007

Jewish Geography

Jewish Geography, aka “JG”

If you know about JG then you know that it is all about “You are who you know” or “You are where you’ve traveled”

I’ve seen JG used by Jews and non-Jews.

I like to relate this line of thinking to motorcycle riding buddies. “You are who where you’ve ridden” or “you are who you’ve ridden with”

When you voluntarily step up and accept someone else as your riding partner as opposed to letting a “ride organizer” choose who is coming on the ride, you are making a statement. You are making a statement of that person’s worthiness as a riding partner. I would probably ride most anyone at least once. If I’ve ridden with them two times or more then I am making an IMPLIED statement as to their ride-worthy ability and your willingness to be associated with them on a ride. Like most everyone else, I am willing to give anyone a second chance to show what they are made of.

I have ridden with people, on rides that have been organized by someone else, that I will probably never ride with again. I’ve also ridden with people that I would like to ride with again.

What about you?

No comments: