Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cold Weather

I have received some comments that all of my posts are either about bikes or girls. Yeah? so what? Blame it on the testosterone.

Riding back from Nan province last Sunday was the coldest ride I've ever done here. Sure, it's cold on top of Doi Inthanon but when you go up there it's usually just for an hour or so. Great ride by BTW, nice sweeping curves little traffic mid-week, don't need to touch the brakes because you can use gravity braking - just roll off the throttle as you enter curves and you'll slow down automatically.

Yeah, the ride back from Nan was cold and after we came down in elevation I expected it to warm up but it didn't. some where on the 120 I stopped and put my rain jacket on to keep the wind from coming through my armored mesh riding jacket. I took the rain jacket just for that purpose - it won't rain for several more months.

The locals back here in Chiang Mai are running around in winter jackets and some are even wearing beanie caps.

So there, I can write about something other than girls and bikes!

No comments: