Saturday, October 6, 2007

Off the road again


Me and my traveling buddy, Willie Nelson. We shared a few laughs in first class on our way from Houston to Raleigh a few years after the IRS busted him and he had to fly common carrier like the rest of us.

Anyway, yes I've been off the road and off the trail again. The off road part was on purpose but the off trail stuff wasn't. I think it's all Luke's fault. Justin and I were doing just fine exploring all of the off road trails we could find between home and Samoeng and then Luke came back and the old testosterone level got cranked up a few notches.

I learned to carry your own pain killers when adventuring in the jungle. I have Vicodin (codeine) for the small stuff like bruises and bumps and I also have some stronger stuff in case of compound fractures. It's a long way from the jungle to the hospital and the last thing I want to do is suffer while I'm bouncing along in the back of an old pickup. This is especially helpful if you're riding in Laos or Cambodia as the standard protocol if you need medical attention there is to get to Bangkok ASAP.















A crazy rooster spotted in a lychee orchard















BBQ the tree killer - at least I crashed with dignity and didn't slip in an oil spot on the side of the road and scar up my tg who was on the back.




















Big & Tall says "good job"















Helmet cams at the ready, luckily they didn't capture my graceful dismount















Team Red shows us how it's done















Team Blue is not one to be outdone















Sometimes the trail is hard to see















You never know who you're going to find in the jungle















It's always good to have Ian along on the trail

No comments: